November has started and with it comes all types of social functions and events. Everybody wants to meet-up before the end of the year to celebrate another year-end, friendships, achievements and renovate the alliances for the new year. It is not by mistake that we all call it “The Festive Season”.
With so many social events lining up, I am sure you are already starting to think “what should I wear?”. This is a normal and expected question, but why does it feel always a mission to choose our look for each event? One important part of any outfit is the hair and considering that this is our specialty, we decided to write this blog post and help you to pick the perfect hairstyle for your events.
We wrote some tips of haistyles that you could wear depending on the type of event that you will attend. These are just some ideas that we are hoping will give you lots of inspiration on how to build your final looks.
- Bar evening with colleagues of work. This type of event normally happens just after working hours in a bar close to the office. You won’t have time to go home and get ready for this, so your best option would be to take an accessory for your hair if you feel like dressing up a bit for the occasion. Hairbands or hair clips are perfect because they have the power to light-up your look without being difficult to install.
- Barbecue with friends. Barbecues normally happen during the day and chances are good that it will be a hot day or a rainy one. That is why you should consider wearing something light combined with a nice hat to protect you from the sun (and to keep your hair in place in case it rains). A glueless short wig a or a ponytail extension combined with a fancy hat will keep you fresh, stylish and protected from the sun.
- Cocktail.Events like these are normally more formal and work related. You should definitely pick a classic look like a bob or a lob and even think about paring it with that basic black dress that I know you have on the closet or maybe a nice blazer. Choose wisely your shoes. Cocktails are normally stand-up events and depending on the shoes you are wearing, you might end-up with sore feet.
- Company party – This type of events is normally in the evening and super fun, but you shouldn’t forget that you will be partying with work colleagues or even with your boss, so maybe it is a good idea to avoid wearing something too sexy. In terms of hairstyles, you can definitely wear something long and more playful than what you would normally wear for work. LolaSilk has many options that would fit perfectly in this occasion. Have a look below:
- Family reunion – if you enjoy celebrating the festive season with your family it is probably because this is the type of event where you feel very comfortable, surrounded people that know you well. On special occasions like these ones, you can consider wearing something casual and that you feel represents you well. If you don’t know what it could be, maybe you could pick a headband wig that adds a little bit of volume to the back of your head while keeping your natural hairline free?
- Friends’ night out – Here there are no rules! These events are supposed to be fun and add lots of valuable memories that will last you a lifetime. You should definitely let your creativity go wild and be as bold as you like in these occasions. If you know how to install and style a lace frontal wig this is the time to experiment with it and build fun updos to create the most amazing looks and call all the attention that you deserve.
If you don’t have the budget to invest in a new hairstyle at the moment, don’t worry, you can always repurpose an old wig. We wrote previous blogs posts on how to transform an old wig and different hairstyles that you could build using the wigs that you already have. If you need any assistance with choosing your looks, do not hesitate to contact us by clicking here. We love the idea of dressing up and we would be delighted to help you with your decisions.
We hope you are excited about the festive season and all the dressing up that comes with it. This is a very special period where we take some time to just celebrate another year ending and so many things that we are grateful for. If you are planning on getting a new hairstyle, don’t forget to look at our wigs for saleand to subscribe to our newsletter – we are constantly sending discount coupons to our subscribers.