We are constantly in touch with our beautiful clients through email and WhatsApp and they have told us many times how insecure they were of ordering a new hair online. Some of them have been scammed before and have a good reason for fearing online shops, but others are just worried that they might get disappointed when they receive their new hair.
This is why we build this list with our top 11 tips on how you can avoid some mistakes when choosing your perfect hairstyle online while reducing significantly the chances of feeling any disappointment when you receive your new hair at the comfort of your home.
Let’s have a look at the things you should pay attention when shopping for your next gorgeous wig online:
- Know exactly what you are buying. At LolaSilk store we make sure to display the type of hair you are buying on the title of each product, but not all stores do that, so you must make sure you find this information before placing your order. If you are not sure or have doubts reach out to the store by email or WhatsApp and ask all the questions you need to make you feel confident.
- Read and learn everything you can about how to style and care for the hair that you are buying so you don’t cause any damage to it. Just to give you an example: some clients have reached out to us in the past asking about which oils or leave-in conditioner must be use on their synthetic wigs. The problem is that most of the time, this type of product will only make your synthetic wig look dull and greasy. LolaSilk synthetic wigs don’t need moisturizers as much as human hair wigs do. If you don’t follow carefully the hair care instructions, you could end-up damaging your wig and thinking that there was an issue with the quality, which probably was not the case.
- If you are buying online and not completely convinced of what you are seeing on the pictures of the product, contact the store directly and ask for more photos or videos of the unit. Asking questions is a good way of testing if the company is legit
- Make sure you read the return policy of any online store before you place your order so you know you can return and exchange your product in case you are not happy with it. All the tips above were about how to reduce your disappointment when shopping for your next hairstyle, but even if you follow all of them, there is always a chance that you don’t like what you ordered and that is why it is important to check this information upfront so you don’t end-up having to keep a wig that you don’t really like.
- Don’t be afraid of testing something slighter different from what you are used to buy. If you pay attention to the mistakes above, you will feel safe that you will be able to return the product in case you feel the new hairstyle doesn’t suit you. Trying new things allows you to build memorable looks that will give you an incredible boost of self-confidence and let’s agree that we all need that.
- Don’t fall into the trap of buying just because it is cheaper. The cheap product today might have a worse quality and cost you more at the end because soon you will have to buy another one and replace it.
- If you are not planning on paying for a professional installation, buy something that you know you will be able to install and make it look great on your head. If you want to practice installation at home, you can definitely invest on a frontal lace wig, but just don’t go to the top of the range. Try to find an affordable option, because chances are good that you will make a lot of mistakes until you learn how to properly install a frontal wig and this learning process can end-up damaging your wig.
- When buying synthetic hair make sure it is heat-resistant, like the ones we sell at LolaSilk. The last thing you need is to invest your money on something that will last you less than a month and you won’t be able to re-style it and make it look gorgeous again.
Example of LolaSilk heat-resistant synthetic bob wig
- If you don’t like spending time caring for your wigs, don’t invest in something that requires a lot of caring. For example, we all know that curls will definitely require a little bit more from your time and effort than straight textures.
- Take into consideration your face shape when shopping for your next hairstyle. Although at LolaSilk we believe you can look and feel amazing in anything that you choose to wear with confidence, if you are insecure about a new hairstyle, check our previous blog post about the best styles each type of face shape.
- Accept that the wig is not going to look exactly the same on you as on the online store model. People have different head shapes and different ways of styling their hair, so be ready to embrace with confidence a little bit of the unknow that comes with shopping online.
If you are planning on buying a new wig, now is a good time to go through this list again and check if you are uncomfortable with any of the tips listed above. If you are, get in touch with us by clicking here and fell free to ask us as many questions as you need. LolaSilk is an online store so for us it is really important to make you feel as comfortable as possible with the process of buying online, specially at our store.