Glueless wigs became very popular inside the human and synthetic hair market. Do you want to learn what they are, the pros and cons and the best glueless wigs for you to try? If your answer is “yes” to any of these questions, stay tuned and keep reading this blog post where we will teach you everything about glueless wigs.
What are glueless wigs?
Glueless wigs are lace wigs that don’t require glue or any type of adhesive to be installed and secured on your head. Any wig without lace is by default a glueless wig, so this term is mainly used for Lace Front, Closure and Frontal wigs that have combs, bands or clips inside their caps that help you to secure the wig and keep the lace part in place in a way that you don’t have to use any additional products.
What are the advantages of a glueless wig?
First of all, glueless wigs are easier to install, which saves you a lot of time and effort. Many women do not know or are scared of using glue, which makes this type of wig very convenient for installations at home. By doing more installations at home, you will also save a lot of money by reducing the frequent visits to the hair salon.
Another advantage of glueless wigs is that they will protect your hairline. Applying glue or any adhesive constantly can irritate and clog the pores of your scalp, which over extended periods of time can lead to an alopecia problem on your hairline.
The third and also important benefit of glueless wigs is that you can easily remove them when you go to bed at end of the day, which allows your entire scalp to breathe during the night. When you sleep with your wig, you are exposing it to the normal tosses and turns that happen when you sleep and this can increase the amount of frizz, breakage and shedding. Therefore, it is safe to say that a glueless wig might last longer than the ones that require glue to be installed.
Can a Glueless wig be installed using glue?
Absolutely. There is no problem at all to use glue or any adhesive to secure your glueless wigs on your head and in fact, many women do exactly that when they are dressing up for special occasions where they want to invest in a updo or on an elaborate hairstyle that will require more tension on the lace part.
What are the cons of a glueless wig?
Not many. If you adjust the straps of your glueless wig too tight on your head, you might end up with a headache by the end of the day. Also, the prolonged use of combs, bands or clips might also contribute to hair thinning on the affected areas.
Top glueless wigs to start with
If you never had a glueless wig and you always had your wigs glued on your head, the best ones to start with are the lace front wigs. Jumping directly to a frontal lace wig would make you feel a little bit unsafe at the beginning when you experience wearing a wig without a glue. Lace front wigs will give you the realist part line that you love on your wigs and they will also feel very secure on your head. There are many options of hair colour, textures and style for you to choose from so it will be very easy to find one that you really love.
You can check LolaSilk collection of Lace front wig here. We have assisted many women like you to choose their first glueless wig, so now we know which ones are the top 5 favourites to help you in this transition:
- 10inch Brazilian Bob Lace Front Wig – this wig is made with 50% more strands of hair to give you that rich and full look. The lace front part is 1inch wide with a deep middle lace part line.
- 12inch Bob Heat-resistant hair– if you are a fan of low maintenance and always feel you don’t have the time to properly style your wig, you will love this synthetic bob. It is just simply ready and does not require oils or leave-in conditioners.
- 16inch deep wave lace front wig – if you like curls, this style is the perfect glueless wig for you. It has great volume and silkiness typical of LolaSilk wigs.
- Lace front with side part Pixie – this style is just ready to wear and perfect for home installations. You will feel like you just left the hair salon.
- 40inch heat-resistant lace front wig – if you like inches, you will love this new launch. This is LolaSilk’s longest hair available and it is completely glueless.
If you haven’t fallen in love yet by our glueless wigs, check our full collection. You will surely find something that you make you want try a glueless wig.