The Ultimate Wig Style Guide for Beginners
It doesn’t matter if you are a first-time wig buyer or not, we call “beginners” all ladies who are looking for wigs that are easier to install. What will determine if a wig is for beginners or not is the quantity of lace. The more lace a wig has, the more it will demand better skills and time to get it installed. Frontals, 360s or full lace wigs are normally not glue-less wigs, which makes them the most difficult wigs to get installed.
With so many different types of wigs available, it can be very tricky to pick one that you know will be easier to install while giving you a very natural look. That is why we build the list below with the 6 best wig styles for beginners. They are all so easy to wear that you will look glamorous and sophisticated every day without spending too much time on the installation.
1. Headband wigs: the hair of this wig is directly attached to a headband, which is normally black. This is the easiest style for a beginner, because you don’t have to worry about your hairline. If you have a little bit more time, you can prepare your edges using your own hair and then install the headband wig a little bit to the back in a way that your beautiful baby hair is visible. If you don’t have time, you can place the headband right at the beginning of your hairline. You can also add different types of headbands to your wig, giving you flexibility to customize it to your own style.
2. Fringe Wigs: just like headband wigs, this type of wig doesn’t have any lace attached to It, which makes it more affordable and also easy to install. If you like bangs, you should definitely add this type of wig to your collection. Your first installation won’t be as easy as a headband wig and that is why we recommend that you do it with the help of a professional stylist. The hair stylist will fit the wig on your head and trim the fringe to your desired length which will make your wig look perfect for you. After that, you will be able to easily install yourself the same wig every time.
3. T-Part or Lace Front wigs: although they have lace, this type of wig normally does not require glue for installation and this is why we love them so much. The lace part is added around the hairline on the front part of your head and also on the part line. You won’t be able to change the location of your part line but the lace will give you an ultra-realistic look. You will also be able to wear half up-do, where you pull all the hair from the front part of the wig all the way to back adding a ponytail or a bun. If you have more time to invest in styling your wig, this type of cap is perfect for you.
4. 4x4 closure wigs: just like T-part wigs, 4x4 closure wigs are made using lace and normally do not require glue for installation. The lace part will be positioned on the top of your head covering an area of 4 inches x 4 inches, which will give you enough flexibility to choose where you want to open a part line. If you like to change styles frequently, you will love this type of wig.
5. Straight wigs:independently of which type of cap you pick; straight hair will most often be the easiest one to maintain and to style. You will always have the option to blow dry or flat iron your straight hair to achieve the perfect look in a few minutes. If you prefer curly styles, just remember that you will have to spend a little bit more time maintaining the curls, so they can always look their best. For more tips on how to care for your hair (straight or curly), visit our hair care
6. Ponytails: although they are not considered wigs, ponytails are perfect for beginners not only because they are easy to install, but also because they don’t cover your entire head like a wig. If you can tie a small ponytail or bun with your own natural hair, the installation of the ponytail will literally take 1 minute and you will have an instant glamourous look.
As you can see, there are many different styles of wigs that you can pick as a beginner and all of them will give you a very natural and glamourous look without the installation or maintenance hassle. Inside each of the categories listed above, there are many options of colours, length and textures for you to choose from. Enjoy every minute of your search for your next amazing style.